Websearch

Custom Search

Nuff

Saturday, October 17, 2009

Mountaineering-Are the risks worth taking?

Mountaineering-Are the risks worth taking?

By Luke Bream on October 2, 2009

For most of my life I have been facinated by mountaineer’s. I remember as a child being given various biographies and reading them cover to cover. I was gripped with their tales of courage and daring as they pushed on into the “death zone” (above 8000m)

As I have got older I have begun to unsderstand and appreciate the full cost of what these incredible adventurers and explorers undertake. The enormous level of risk that they experience and the fragility of their lives. This has a powerful effect on them and even more so their families.

I read a report titled “letter to Daniel” (his son) by the BBC reporter Fergal Keane, in it he was writing about his life as a war correspondant and the effects on his family. I felt that his words equally applied to mountaineering and have used them in the following film which is dedicated to all those who didn’t return.

Please watch this mountaineering film and share your comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hendrix

Hendrix
Hendrix

Caloocan Weather Forecast

TopBlogs

Sports & Recreation - Top Blogs Philippines